Sunday, November 18, 2007

Beowulf in IMax

Last Thursday, November 15, was my birthday but my dad had to go to his office and me and my brother had to go to our classes so we decided to celebrate it yesterday. First we ate at Stars and Stripes then we headed to the IMax Theater to watch Beowulf.

I was satisfied with the IMax experience because it was as if the blood was to spill on my face and the arrows, the stones, and the birds were to hit me. There were also quite a few times when I covered my face with my arms because it was almost really real. The only thing about the graphics that I really didn't appreciate was the fact that for most parts of the movie, the people looked very computer generated (somewhat comparable to Shreck). Far from my expectation of it being a "real" movie. Because of its being computer generated, I wasn't really able to appreciate the ladies in the movie and the feeling of being "in the movie".

As for the story, it was good but it wasn't that good. It revolved around a single focus and the flow was kinda slow which made the whole story seem short. But the turns that it took made us feel some kind of suspense. The climax and its scenes also took me out of my seat because like what I mentioned earlier, I felt like I really was going to get hit by the arrows and the other stuff that came out of the screen. The setting was nice, very medieval, and the artists (John Malkovich, Anthony Hopkins, and Angelina Jolie, and the others whose names are not known to me) were great.

My recommendation: Watch this if you want to experience the ultimate IMax experience because the scenes in this movie really is fit for IMax.


2 comments:

Jehzeel Laurente said...

hehehe.. nice review.. :P napanood ko na din yan sa greenbelt.. pero baka panoorin ko rin sa iMAX para ma experience ko yung "ULTIMATE IMAX EXPERIENCE" na yan.. nyahaha!

Stephanie said...

huwaw! Panoorin ko din kaya Beowulf sa IMAX. Muahaha. Birthday mo pala, belated /hehehehe